First visitors

12:45 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
The kittens are getting their first visitors today. One of my work colleagues will be dropping by with his wife and kids to pet kitties. Should be a good time. :-) In preparation we're cleaning the house, especially the bathroom and the cat room. I've never tried to vacuum cat litter off carpet. UGH! My Dyson was defeated.

Yesterday we went running around in the morning. One of our first stops was a pet store. I went in with the intention of purchasing cat toys, and then I was appalled at the prices. I just couldn't pay $6.00 for three feathers tied to a stick. So then we went to some craft stores getting supplies. I spent about $30 on enough feathers and beads and elastic string and sticks and such to make hundreds of toys. I have fabric and yarn and hemp cord a-plenty already in my craft bins. I'll post photos and directions for making toys once I get them up.

We also went to Ikea with the intention of building some cat furniture, but I didn't find what I wanted. I did get some cheap sisal & seagrass rugs that will make good covering for the cat climber. I'll hit up Home Depot for some sonotube and other supplies some time later in the week. I have some scrap lumber, and should be able to get more out of the scrap bin there. I should also look for a carpet store that will give me some roll ends cheap. :-)

While looking for cat furniture building ideas, I came across quite a few clever designs:

1 comments:

Sharon Rose said...

LOVE the cat ladders. Can't wait to have my own effing house.