kitties are the antidote to lonely

11:48 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
Charlie is away tonight on a business trip. I was not looking forward to coming home and being alone, but I couldn't find anyone else to visit with tonight.

I came home and was getting sad. The house is big and empty with Zach away for the summer, and doubly so without Charlie here. But as soon as I got home I remembered that I have kittens! And I went up to the cat room for half an hour, and that was a cure for all that ailed me. All my sadness evaporated in the presence of Rose's demands for attention and the buzz of her purr.

She continues to just be a joy. I wanted to get a good look at her bite wound tonight, which involved restraining her and hurting her a bit. She growled and squirmed, but her claws never came out. She put her teeth on me once, but only gently, staring at me while she did it, and because I was putting direct pressure on the wound, which clearly really hurt her.

There is another abscess forming under the surface. If it hasn't opened up by the weekend, I'll take her into the clinic on Saturday to have it lanced. She also has tape worms, so I will get de-wormer as well.

0 comments: